Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Waiting for that special someone

I only want to have sex with one person, the person that I end up marrying and spending the rest of my life with. I also want to wait for the right time when both me and that other person are ready in all ways to have sex together. I just see it as something special and not just as some hobby that some people just do with anybody just for kicks. – Mike

I suppose sex and nudism will always be linked somehow despite our attempts to show that link is tenuous. The above is part of a thread at ClothesfreeForum.com. The same commenter who is quoted above says, further on, “I just think that many people these days are too eager to have sex and usually say they’re ready when really they’re not and I feel it’s just best to wait for the right time and with the right person so that its more special and you can appreciate it more.”

I wonder how many opportunities were lost because people felt they should wait for that “special person.” Every action has consequences, whether good or bad, major or minor. I have no argument with people who delay having sex because they truly don’t feel ready to deal with those consequences. That’s a responsible attitude. Waiting for the "right" person does not fall into this category. It’s a legitimate choice, but nothing more.

All the same, I’m not blaming these people. Instead I blame whoever came up with the “special person” idea in the first place. To me, it sounds like a more diluted version of, “Don’t. Just... just don’t.” After having lived life, shouldn’t it be our responsibility to explain to our children and teens the reality of sex?

Here are a few things most children (as appropriate according to age) should know about sex:

• Some couples can never agree on the right time for sex.

• Some people may feel very horny during their 20s, not so libidinous in their 30s, and suddenly rediscover sex in their 40s.

• Others feel sexy their whole lives while others just decline completely.

• Having children can ruin a sex life.

• You can’t tell your partner what you like if you don’t actually know what you like.

• Other people will continue to look sexually attractive to your partner no matter how much he or she is committed to you.

• Marriage is a piece of paper. There is no magical transformation except for the delusion you experience. Don’t worry; reality will hit you soon enough.

Notice how I haven’t even talked about contraception and sexually transmitted diseases yet? We will, of course, have to deal with that, too. But not only that.

No comments:

Post a Comment